Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for...

1. An end in sight to the rearrangement of our munchkins' furniture and painting their bedrooms.

2. Less stuff in our home...declutter, declutter, declutter!

3. A trip with Cowboy that is now booked to Washington, DC in September. I can't wait for four nights with NO munchkins. I've never been to DC and am excited to indulge the nerdy side of myself. Did I mention the fact that I'll have uninterrupted time with Cowboy on the flights there & back? CAN'T wait!

4. The conversations that my friend Supersize (because of her supersized family & heart) and I are having as we figure out where in Africa God wants us to go next year. SO many kids that need God's love!

5. My father-in-law's retirement! He put in his last day of work yesterday and we're all going to go celebrate with him this evening.

6. Progress in NoBo's development. In the last several weeks he has said Mama, Nana, and many other things. He's bringing a baby doll to us for us to kiss on a regular basis. He's wanting to hug often. He's saying, "woof, woof" when he sees pictures of dogs. He FINALLY weighs 20 pounds!!! He brought me lotion today to massage him. AMAZING things are happening in his little body and I'm very grateful to God for progress.

7. Communication with Miss B while she's away on her first big mission trip. I can't wait to see her pretty face & hug the breath out of her!!!

8. 2 sweet boys in Rwanda that C-Man and Little I are sponsoring from Compassion International. Their pictures arrived yesterday and today and are framed in their bedrooms. 2 sweet boys in my home are thrilled to get to pray for these guys on the other side of the world. There's talk from our kids that we someday need to take a family trip to Rwanda to meet all 3 kids we have there. Can't imagine how that could ever happen, but I love that they're thinking like this.

No comments: