Friday, November 21, 2008

Muffin Punkins

Cottagebaker is a dear friend of mine who is truly amazing in the home. She gave me a recipe a few months ago that she calls "Pumpkin Chip Muffins". My Little I adores it SO much that in our home we've renamed it according to the name he has given it. Here it is...
Muffin Punkins
1 c. oil (I use mostly applesauce with just a little oil to be the combined amount of 1 c.)
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 bag cinnamon baking chips
350 degree oven - Cream oil or shortening & sugar, add eggs, mix well, add pumpkin, mix well, add dry ingredients. Batter will be thick. Stir in chips & fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 25-30 minutes. I get two dozen out of this.
Remember, as with any muffins, DON'T overmix. You want them lumpy and not messed with too much! When you're able to find cinnamon chips stock up on them.
Happy Baking!

No comments: