Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Your Thing

Miss B and I were talking the other day about some odd quirks she has: bumping into things with one side of her body, then she has to with the other; tapping things an even number of times; etc. She asked me why she did that. I had no great answer and told her those were just a few quirky little OCD-ish behaviors.

Then we starting talking about how everyone probably has some sort of quirky behaviors. I have too many to mention right now. But here are a few examples: our comforter must have the flowers facing a certain direction; pillow cases must face a certain way; I could spend a solid hour cleaning the stove and completely ignore HUGE piles of clutter in the kitchen; I LOVE symmetry.

So, what's your thing? It would make me feel so much more normal to know others have weird things, too!

1 comment:

Gwen Sears said...

Oh Jenn, you know I have a few...can't stand even the littlest grain of sand or dirt on my hard floors - don't like the way it feels on my feet, don't like things on my kitchen counters at all & they must always be wiped down - want lots of clean space to do what I want to do. On the flip side, I rarely "make" the beds and I have given my master bath over to total chaos unless I know someone is coming over. Do you feel better yet, cause you know I have more. Gwen