Saturday, September 26, 2009

Disney World Vacation Recap--Day 1

I recently went to Disney World with Cowboy and our 3 biggest kids. We were away from home for 10 nights! It was amazing!!! Since I've not blogged in awhile, I thought I might just blog each day for the next several days and tell anyone who cares our Disney travel tips, highlights, lowlights, or memorable events of our trip.

So...
without further ado here's the 1st day:

Day One
The munchkins took the day off from schoolwork, laid around, and watched old Disney movies as we continued to acquaint Little I with all things Disney. I packed like a crazed person. Cowboy came home early from work. We did a triple-check of everyone's packing lists and loaded up. We dropped NoBo off with our good friend who kept him the entire time we were gone and headed for Wichita, KS.

Disney Travel Tip
Why Wichita? Cowboy is a bargain-hunting cheapskate and flying out of Wichita, instead of Oklahoma City, saved us $850!!! The drive only takes about 2 1/2 hours and Wichita has QT's and Spangles! We discovered that most hotels near airports now offer "Park, Stay & Fly". You stay one night with them, leave your vehicle with them, and they'll shuttle you to and from the airport. This was cheaper for our family than leaving our van at the airport the whole time.

Highlight
The hotel we stayed at clearly used to be a Holidome. Does anyone have fond memories of those growing up like I do? Anyway, now there's shuffleboard, miniature golf, ping pong, and arcade games instead of the large indoor pool that Holidomes were centered around. We had a blast playing with the kids!






Lowlight
Little I cried for about an hour and a half while we were trying to get everyone to bed at a decent hour so that we could wake up WAY before the crack of dawn to catch our flight. He said things like, "I want my own bed. I want to go home." We we prayed like crazy that the next 9 nights would be a nightmare for us!

No comments: