Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Disney World Vacation Recap--Day 2


First of all, please forgive me for not sticking to my plan of blogging about each day of our vacation on consecutive days. What was I thinking? I'm back in the REAL world, not Disney World.

Day Two
Cowboy and I woke up at 3:45 AM so that we could get to the airport on time.
Here are the kids, in the dark, walking on the tarmac to get to the plane.

We were so nervous about how Little I would do on a plane. He did GREAT!

Disney Travel Tip
When you stay at a Disney Resort, Disney sends you luggage tags so that you don't have to claim your luggage when you arrive in Orlando. They also provide ground transportation to and from the airport. If you pre-register within 10 days of your arrival, the check-in time at the resort is SHORT!

Here's what we saw when we got to our room.
Let the magic begin!

We quickly sat down our bags, took a fast bathroom break, and headed out the door for some fun!

We caught the bus to Epcot (my favorite park). We went straight to "Land" to ride Soarin'. Then went over "Sea" to see Turtle Talk with Crush. FINALLY we got to go back to Land and eat at The Garden Grill. It was AMAZING!!! Our stomachs may have been partly influenced by the fact we hadn't had a real meal all day. Here we are with all the characters at The Garden Grill.

Highlight
The best part about Day 2 was definitely the food at The Garden Grill.

Lowlight
In the midst of a crazy day of traveling, Little I managed to have 2 accidents. One happened on the plane. (I wiped his seat clean as we left the plane). The other happened in our brand new stroller. For the rest of the day all I could smell was urine! I know it was all in my head, but I couldn't get that smell out of my nostrils!!!

Disney Travel Tip
We all decided after this first day at parks that we should have done Magic Kingdom for our first day. It just feels more "magical". Fortunately, four of the five of us have experienced the magic of Disney World and Little I didn't know the difference.

No comments: