Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I'm posting a couple hours early because of an impending ice storm. If it's anything like what the meteorologists say it will be, our neighborhood will probably lose power. We always seem to lose power.

So, here are the things I'm thankful for this week, in random order because my life is full of random order.

1. I'm thankful that there are so many little ones in my home that the little ones' bathroom mirror looked like it belonged behind crime scene tape yesterday, before I attacked it with some Windex.

2. I'm thankful that Conan's last week is over so that Cowboy & I don't feel like we have to stay up late every night to see what mayhem is going down. OK, let me clarify. I may have felt like I should've stayed up late, but in all honesty I fell asleep on the couch almost every night.

3. I'm thankful that NoBo's tubes in his ears are doing their job and that his hearing has improved.

4. I'm thankful for friends who came over for dinner over the weekend. We haven't had non-family company in SO long that it was peaceful (although there 14 kids at our house) to just hang out with friends.

5. I'm thankful for the purchase Cowboy made to prepare us for the potential ice storm we'll have tomorrow. We are now the proud owners of a generator. Power outages will no longer leave us in the dark!

6. I'm thankful for the doctor who discovered the problems in my mom's eyes. Both eyes have been repaired (for now) and her sight is saved.

7. I'm thankful for C-Man's new dermatologist, who prescribed the most amazing medicine for his warts. These pesky annoyances are finally shrinking. After painful treatment from another dermatologist over a year ago that didn't work, we're finally making progress.

Continuing to count my blessings!

No comments: