Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Control Freak

OK, you must know that my need to control is deeply rooted! I'm not sure how or when those seeds originally took root, but they are firmly planted in me.

So...


Two days ago Cowboy refilled the toilet paper in our bathroom and it's the "wrong" way. I told myself that it was no big deal. I was going to force myself to live with it this way until the roll was empty. I even contemplated pulling every last square off the roll and throwing them in the trash just so I could put a new roll on the "right" way, without actually changing the roll that was there. But, I prevailed!!! I was not going to give in to that desire to control.

Until today. I couldn't take it any longer!!! What's wrong with me??? I changed the roll so that it was facing the "right" way and I felt such a peace throughout my being. Sad, huh?

2 comments:

Donetta said...

Jennifer, I wouldn't have even said I was going to leave it until that roll was gone! I would've (and have done it!) changed it immediately upon finding it the wrong way! :) So, I am right there with ya! :)

Marcie said...

Apparently, I also suffer from this mania! Whenever I see the roll installed "wrong", I really DO try to leave it... but, alas, I usually can't help but change it! It's a compulsion!