Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Here are the things I am thankful for this week, in random order, because my life is full of random order...

1. New checks that arrived today--I had run completely out!!!

2. A renewed desire to live more simply. Cowboy LOVES reading Francis Chan's books and listening to his podcasts. He & his family are truly amazing. He & his wife moved into a 1000 square feet home with their 5 kids so that they could use their money to make eternal differences. I'm not looking for a smaller home (mine's not very big), but I am thinking about the excess we have in our home and lives.

3. An amazing weekend with my co-op friends rediscovering God's abundant love for us.

4. An experience of a lifetime this morning with Cowboy and our two big kids. We had the opportunity to go to a private viewing of some amazing Bible artifacts. I'm talking pieces of Dead Sea Scrolls, cuneiform clay tablets, papyrus writings, old scrolls of the Torah. AMAZING stuff!!! We were even able to touch the stuff, although we chose mostly not to-it just didn't seem right.

5. A sweet picture message this morning on my phone from Little Bit. She told me she loved me. I miss her. :( Hopefully she can come spend some time with us this weekend.

6. That Miss B is healthy. She had an awful bout with strep this past weekend.

7. For Narnia books. C-Man and I have had the BEST time this year reading through all of them. We've had some amazing spiritual discussions thanks to C.S. Lewis's books.

Counting my blessings

No comments: