Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm Clearly Not "The Smart One" Anymore

OK, so you know how in families the different children tend to get labeled? Intentionally or unintentionally, it happens.

So, what was my label? I was "The Smart One". My sisters were musical and creative and I was "The Smart One". If you want a good piano teacher, don't look to me. If you want a great haircut, don't look to me. However, I have sisters who are amazing at those things. If you want to know how to use the Pythagorean Theorem to figure out how much cable to purchase for a certain situation, I'm your girl.

Or, I used to be your girl. However, everyday I feel like my knowledge base is shrinking. Is that possible?

Maybe not, but my memory is HORRIBLE and it makes me feel like I know NOTHING!

I recently played a game with a group of women where you had to say what movie character you were most like. I said I was like the girl from 50 First Dates. (She's the one who lost her short-term memory due to a car accident). I have NO idea what her name was in the movie (that would require a memory), so I just called her "the girl from 50 First Dates".

Tonight at Bunco something came up and I showed off my lack of memory. I said, "Remember, I'm Dory from Finding Nemo." My partner for that round said, "No, you weren't. I was."

I said, "Oh yeah, that's right. I was the girl from 50 First Dates."

'Nough Said

No comments: