Friday, March 12, 2010

Banana Puddin'

Last weekend our family got together with my friend Cottagebaker and her family. We always have a great time with them. She's a fabulous cook and made the most delicious potato salad. I'll post the recipe on here when she gets it to me (hint, hint). I made banana pudding for dessert. It's so easy, but yummy!

Cowboy's dad's birthday is today and I found myself in the kitchen again with Martha (my Kitchenaid) whipping up some nana puddin'. I thought I'd share my recipe with you.

Banana Puddin'
1 can Eagle Brand milk (I use the fat-free version)
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1 box vanilla wafers (reduced fat, of course)
2 (8-oz.) cartons Cool Whip (light)
2 c. milk (skim)
a few bananas (naturally fat-free HAHA! I just had to add that!)

Mix Eagle Brand milk, 1 carton Cool Whip, and pudding together. Pour in milk and beat until well blended. Pour over wafers and sliced bananas in layers. Chill 1-2 hours. Reserve the second carton of Cool Whip to dallop on the individual servings of pudding.

Can you tell by this recipe that I LOVE COWBOY???? I do my best in the kitchen to make everything a little less bad for his cholesterol.

By the way, can I just say that just because a person is a Chaplain does not mean he is mature?

Just before we left Cottagebaker's home last weekend, the laughter among all the kids was overpowering. They were giggling at something they were reading from the Bible. I should've known better, but I asked what was so funny. Apparently Cowboy had shown them Deuteronomy 25:11.

Let's just say I'm glad we are good friends with Cottagebaker's family.

Have fun searching in God's Word!!!

No comments: