Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Here's this week's list, in random order...because my life is full of random order.

1. A fun time with some of our college friends, who were in town with their sweet kids for a Spring Break getaway. We also had my sweet sis-in-law and sister twin (brother-in-law & brother twin at home because brother twin had strep throat--boo!) over. We all had a great time. I love it when Cowboy gets together with this particular friend of ours because their conversations go from sports, books, music, spiritual matters, etc. Much deeper than most man-to-man conversations, which seem to be mostly about sports, jobs, and weather.

2. Haircuts for me, C-Man, & Miss B (& eye brow waxing for me & Miss B).

3. A great time with C-Man's two good friends & their moms (my dear friends) at Barnes & Noble. We all went thinking we were buying the boys the newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book and left after we had each purchased some stupid Pokemon book. The boys were thrilled, the moms were disgusted that we spent money on those books!!!

4. Cowboy's dad's 67th birthday celebration! We're SO glad that his bout with cancer last year is behind us and his retirement (2nd retirement, that is) is in the near future. We can't wait for him to be able to golf as often as he wants!

5. My parents, for having all the "big" grandkids over for a St. Patrick's Day party. Mom knows how to party and Dad goes along with it all quite nicely. Green food, green clothes, giveaways, games, and bad Irish jokes!!! I can't wait until Cowboy & I get to be the fun grandparents. (I know, it's many years away.)

6. Sam's Club.

7. The opportunity for Little Bit to come spend a couple nights with us. (Just don't ask how our 1 1/2 hour appointment went. I had both 2-year olds and the 4-year old with me. It took over 30 minutes to get to the appointment, then the fun began. Did I mention it was in the afternoon, when ALL three of them needed a nap desperately?) I'm so grateful Little Bit's mom allows us to stay involved in her life.

8. Handbells. I haven't played in years, and am playing with our church's handbell choir for Easter. I practiced for the first time this week. At first I was AWFUL! But by the end of the practice, it was coming back to me. I've always loved handbells. Cowboy & I had handbells at our wedding. SO beautiful.

No comments: