Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Rely on Cowboy TOO Much!

I know I'm super-spoiled. Cowboy understands that my love language is Acts of Service and just jumps in to do whatever he can to lighten my load. He is so selfless about it that I just take it for granted.

This morning, after not enough sleep from the time change and a family movie night last night, I was tired! Cowboy got up and took Miss B to a swim meet. I woke up in time to get myself ready, but misjudged how long it would take to get 3 sleepy boys up and ready for church. (He usually gets the little ones dressed for church while I get ready).

We are NEVER late for church because Cowboy plays bass guitar and we always have to be there early. Besides, we drill it in our kids' heads that it is stealing to be late. We try very hard to make it a priority NOT to steal peoples' time.

This morning...we were late to church.

Not the end of the world...

Unless the ladies' group from your church is surprising you with a missions award.

I was SO embarrassed!

First of all, I didn't deserve this recognition. I could name TONS of people (pretty much every member of the church) who deserved this honor before me. I continue to feel like serving God's people needs to be a much bigger part of my life and I admire SO many people in my church who do a better job of that than me.

Secondly, I WAS LATE!!! I could not believe I had to be hunted down in the kids' area, while checking in kiddos to their classes, and lied to about someone needing me so that I would quickly get myself to the sanctuary.

Things I want to change after today:
1. Function better without the help of my sweet man.

2. Serve God and His people more fully every day in every way.

No comments: