Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life Insurance

OK, I know I have the VERY BEST life insurance policy--a relationship with Christ on earth that will give me a life with him in eternity. Recently, though, I discovered that Cowboy and I inadvertently cancelled my "big" life insurance policy a few years ago. We discovered this when we went to our life insurance guy to FINALLY get a policy on Little I. I went around in a bit of a panic until the policy was signed and the initial payment was made.

Two weeks ago the lab lady came to our home to get my weight, height, blood pressure, blood, and urine. Cowboy decided to change his policy, so the 2 of us both had to endure all of this together. This is always a bit depressing for me because Cowboy is tall and thin and I'm...well, I'm not. I've been curious how our cholesterol and other levels would be.

The lab results came in today and I'm confused. If I were the one sending the results out to people, I would put a "normal" range on there to give people a point of reference. There's no "normal", only our numbers. So...what does an alkaline phosphotase level of 77.00 U/L mean? Or...a protein/creatinine ratio of .03 MG/MG mean?

It's a good thing that I LOVE to research stuff--I'm a nerd that way. :)

Oh, the part of the results I understand are all awesome! I do not have HIV and I tested negative for cocaine! WOOHOO!!!

I'm off to research my levels now.

No comments: