Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rites of Passage

We were heading home from C-Man's drum lesson a few minutes ago and Miss B asked the question she's asked 4,376,249 times in her life, "Mom, can we drive through McDonald's for lunch?" My answer was the same as it has been approximately 4,376,149 other times in her life, "No, we're not having McDonald's today."

Then, she asked me if I thought there were any kids who never got McDonald's. Obviously, she was talking about kids whose lifestyles were similar to hers. I told her I felt fairly certain that Kate Gosselin's brood of kids had never had a Happy Meal.

She said, "That's just wrong. Having McDonald's is part of growing up. Everyone picks their noses, poops in the bathtub, and has McDonald's when they're little."

Well, she's pretty much right about the kids in our home. My 3 forever kids have all experienced these rites of passage.

Have a day free of nose-picking, bathtub-pooping, and McDonald's-eating!!!

No comments: