Monday, December 15, 2008

Confessions of a Scatterbrained Mom

I'm too distracted in December to do a bang-up job of homeschooling. I'm online trying to get ideas for those last few gifts I still need to purchase. OK, let's get real. There really weren't a few gifts in December to buy, there were MOST! Anyway, I'm still stumped on some and there are only 10 days left.
The potential bad weather for this week is distracting to me. I must make sure we have enough food for me to prepare for Cowboy and these munchkins. Our co-op is finished for the semester so I have to do some fill-in for Miss B this week. LUCKY HER!!! C-Man is whining like crazy that he didn't get his Nana Day today because the classes I teach are finished until January. Little Bit gets no weekend visits with her mom for awhile because her mom had a new baby today. Miss B & I are going skiing in a couple weeks and I've been working to make sure she has snow boots that fit. We've had 3 different Christmas programs our kids have been in within the last week and a half plus a few Christmas parties. Miss B's swim club is hosting a huge swim meet this week and we will be putting in lots of volunteer hours with the help of our family. Cowboy has been working ridiculous hours lately--60-73 hours a week lately. When things get out-of-control like this I lose my brain. I can't keep my thoughts focused. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas apparently! I must forge on and school my kids this week--ALL WEEK--if it kills me! (I hope it doesn't, though, because so many things would be left undone.)

No comments: