Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Oldest Makes Me Proud


I've debated in my head whether to write this down or not, but I must. Miss B needs to see and know that she makes me so proud! We've really been working on some character issues with her that are quite common for 11-year old girls.
About 1 1/2 weeks ago I noticed that her phone kept going off during our school day. This isn't completely odd, but usually if I notice it vibrating it's because she's been texting back and forth with some of her friends. On this day I noticed it vibrating, but I didn't see her texting. Finally I heard it vibrating when she wasn't in the room. When I looked at it I noticed the alarm was the reason for the vibrating.
I asked her if she kept hitting the snooze. She told me that she had set her alarm to remind her to think about the issue we were working on. WOW!!! What a mature thing to do!
I started thinking...how many alarms would I have to set to remind me to stay focused on the areas of my life that God is working on? YIKES--my phone would never stop vibrating!
I just want my girl to know that I'm so blessed to have a sweet daughter who loves God so much. I love watching her serve God today and look forward to watching her serve God throughout her life.

No comments: