Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Because of His Mercy

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior.
Titus 3:4-6


There are many definitions for mercy, including compassion, kindness, and blessings. As I'm looking back on 2008 I'm thinking about all the blessings, compassion, and kindness that the Lord has shown me and my family this year. We've been healthy. We've lived in God's grace each day. We have experienced the joy of adoption. We have served together as a family to love and care for Little Bit while her mom prepares to have her full-time. I've been able to go to Mexico with Cowboy, my parents, sisters and their husbands to relax in God's beauty (without kids). I've been able to take a fantastic weekend trip (Passport 2 Purity) with Miss B. I've survived one semester of life with a middle school child:). I've been given the most amazing hugs by C-Man (especially after I returned home from skiing last night). I've had the pleasure to serve other homeschool families through the leadership team of Keystone Cooperative.

I live in awe of my sweet Jesus for dying for such a wretch as me! I don't deserve any of what he gives me. I pray that all who read this will be able to truly experience God's saving grace and live in His mercy in 2009.

Distracted by a 3-year old wanting to play the Wii,
Jenn

No comments: