Friday, February 27, 2009

40 Reasons to Celebrate Miss Musicality


Yesterday my awesome sister, Miss Musicality, turned 40! We're celebrating this big event this evening. But, I thought I would begin by celebrating her here on my blog a bit before the big bash.

40 Reasons to Celebrate Miss Musicality in no particular order
1. Her name describes her
2. She trusts me with her kids (what is she thinking?)
3. She is my Gossip Buddy (according to her 15-year old daughter)
4. She kept Little I for us when we stayed at Disney World for 8 nights
5. She still loves me even though I once got in HUGE trouble for calling her a "rump"
6. She first sang in church when she was 18-months old
7. She was nice to me in high school when we were in the same band class (I was a LOWLY Freshman and she was a Senior)
8. She lives locally now (after years in Iowa and Texas)
9. She made a homemade French silk pie for Cowboy a few years ago--a true labor of love
10. She made bread pudding with banana foster's sauce for me for my birthday (from the Ohana restaurant at the Polynesian resort at Disney World) YUMMY
11. She is organized
12. She starts a project and completes it in one fatal swoop
13. She is teaching a Narnia class next year at our homeschool co-op because I'm not creative enough to pull it off
14. She throws amazing parties
15. She is an awesome example of a godly mom
16. She is a fully devoted follower of Christ
17. She had her first child at the exact same age as I had mine (2 weeks before we turned 25)
18. She is training for a 1/2 marathon
19. She loves fresh veggies
20. She loves to try new things
21. She bravely parasailed in the Bay of Banderas at Puerto Vallarta last year
22. She had a c-section baby at 37 and was back teaching at co-op after a couple weeks
23. She gets me and all my weird ways
24. She mills her own grain and bakes amazing breads
25. She is a gracious hostess
26. When she was tiny (before I was born) she said, "boner me" to let someone know she was thirsty and needed a drink
27. She began homeschooling before me
28. She adopted a child before I did
29. She is a wonderful pastor's wife
30. She is loyal
31. She is a great pianist
32. She is an awesome show choir teacher
33. She is thoughtful
34. She is not worried about what people think of her
35. She introduced our family to an amazing chiropractor
36. She is not a huge fan of medication, but not afraid to take it when needed
37. She decorates her kids' rooms with such enthusiasm
38. She loves her some Diet Coke
39. She is a gracious hostess
40. SHE IS 3 YEARS OLDER THAN ME!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this, Jennifer! You guys are truly blessed to have each other as sisters and I'm blessed to have you BOTH as friends. :)