Friday, February 13, 2009

No Flight Out Yet

Well, the airline representative (the pediatrician overseeing NoBo's care) came in a little while ago and said flights may or may not be leaving this mission field today. They have to assess a few things and we'll know by late afternoon.

In the meantime, let me update you on how last night went. I think I can sum it up in one word.

HORRIBLE

Not since vacationing with my parents and sisters while growing up have I had to sleep in such a weird way. Keep in mind there were 3 of us kids and when we stayed in hotels one of us had to sleep in the chairs in the hotel room or on the floor. Last night the grandma slept in the chair "bed" and I sat in the rocking chair with another chair from the waiting room pulled in for my feet. My sweet family brought me my own pillow. So I slumped over, alternating sides throughout the night, and laid my head on the pillow, which rested on the wooden arm of the rocking chair. I do have my "bad hip" to deal with, so laying on my right side for very long wasn't a good idea. How old am I anyway? To actually put on here "my 'bad hip'"! YIKES! That's ridiculous!

NoBo has not had nearly enough sleep! He didn't go to sleep until around 11 last night and woke up at 6:30. He also had blood drawn at 4:30 and was up for a while. I'm trying my best right now to ignore him and cause him to want to sleep. OOPS--that's not going to happen! Grandma just woke up and is smiling at him. Peek-a-boo will come soon, I'm sure.

At one point, while trying to go to sleep last night, he became extremely entangled by all of his leads. I waited a couple minutes to see if Grandma would do anything, but then realized I hadn't even seen her raise or lower the side of the crib. After this realization I took over my duty again and untangled him.

I'd like to now take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported me on this mission trip and made it possible for me to love on NoBo the way God wants me to.

In no particular order:
Cowboy
Miss B, C-Man, & Little I
My Parents (keeping my kids, sitting in the hospital with NoBo so I could attend a fundraising luncheon for City Rescue Mission, keeping my whole family overnight)
My In-Laws (feeding my family, taking Miss B to swim team, transporting my kids)
My Sisters (taking care of my kids)
Amy (sitting with NoBo in the hospital)
Nicole (keeping my kids)
Stacey (keeping my kids)
Lisa (feeding my family)
Cottagebaker (feeding my family)
Jene' (feeding my family)
NoBo's Case Worker (encouraging us and loving NoBo with God's love)
DHS workers (staying 2 nights with NoBo & hanging out during some daytime hours also)
Too many friends to mention (encouraging phone calls, texts, FaceBook messages, & prayers)

I am a blessed woman to have such an amazing support system! You guys all rock!

Let's pray that NoBo and I can get a flight out of here this afternoon!

No comments: