Wednesday, February 18, 2009

His Head is a Canvas

I am obviously white and have never stepped into a salon that caters to ethnic hair. I've been asking sweet brown-skin people all over the metro area for a couple years now where they get their sons' haircuts. The answers have varied, but ultimately NONE of them get their hair done on my side of town.

Last night while I was at Wal-Mart I asked a lady about her son's hair. She told me the shop and the barbers name. Today, after I dropped off Miss B at swim practice, I headed to that shop. The people there were very nice. However, I will never take my big kids. The language and TV shows that were on are not what we allow our children to hear or see.

Tony did a great job dealing with me, the white mom who didn't even know how to give him a good description of what she wanted. My exact words were, "I don't know. Something cute. Maybe some sort of pattern or swirl thing." He went to work on Little I and the end result was the COOLEST haircut any of my kids have ever had. Tony created a masterpiece on Little I's head!



Little I looked in the mirror when it was all said and done and said, "I have a triangle in my hair." Cowboy took some pics and video of him so he could see the cut from every angle. He couldn't keep his hands off it at first. He was very proud!





This haircut will only cause more double-takes when people see our family. As if we don't stand out in the crowd anyway with our tow-heads and brown-skins! It's a good thing our whole family is outgoing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! He's got the coolest head of hair I know. You tell him Aunt Lynna thinks it RAWKS!!!!