Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Love Affair with Sam's Club

If you know me very well, you know I LOVE Sam's Club. It's 10 minutes from my house, easy to maneuver all my kids through their wide aisles, workers are friendly, they give us free food, we can all grab lunch at their cafe for cheap, ....

Several weeks back they had a little table set up when you entered and asked to scan your card to let you know how much you saved by shopping there over the past year. This made me excited because I LOVE saving money and I'd just been thinking about how much of our money goes there. The sweet lady even told me how the family before us had saved over $400 in the past year. WOW--how exciting! She scanned the card as our family waited patiently, while eating some of the candy from her candy bowl.

Then she told me the disappointed news, "You saved fifteen twenty-six." I was thinking, "Are you kidding me? We only saved $15.26 by shopping here for a year!" Then it hit me! YIKES--how much had we actually SPENT here to have saved $1,526 in one year?

Maybe I like Sam's a little too much. Or maybe, just maybe, it costs a fortune to buy diapers, pull-ups, baby food, Tide, Downy, dishwashing detergent, Coke Zero, Mountain Dew, and groceries in general...for 6 people for a year.

No comments: