Wednesday, January 7, 2009

16 Years Ago

Sixteen years ago tonight I said goodnight to Cowboy and parted ways with him before bedtime for the last time. I went to my parents' house and stayed up late talking to my childhood friend who came to town to help me with the Big Day. We giggled just as we had as children. We talked about how crazy it was that I was actually getting married the next day.

Now when I look back on it I realize it must have seemed crazy to many people. We were young. I was 20 and he was 21. We were still in college. The odds were against us. I'm sure our parents caught flack from people who like to stick their noses where they don't belong.

Looking back, though, there's nothing I would change!

I LOVE that we got married young. I LOVE that we didn't have any money. I LOVE that we were madly in love with each other. (& we still are!) I LOVE that we survived finals together as a married couple. I LOVE that Cowboy took pictures of me in our bed with notes I was studying propped up in front of me while I was fast asleep. (Some things never change). I LOVE that the weekend we got married we moved him into my apartment and the old lady downstairs instantly hated him (he walked too loudly)! I LOVE that we went to Lambda Chi parties as a married couple. I LOVE that we got to babysit once a week together for two very precious little girls while we were still in college. I LOVE that we don't remember much of life without the other. I LOVE that when we went on our honeymoon I wasn't even old enough to play those silly slot machines at Cripple Creek. I LOVE that neither of us were old enough to drive the rental car on our honeymoon.

I LOVE COWBOY!!!

No comments: