Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cooking Music

When I know I'm going to be in the kitchen for a while, I pull out Robert Randolph and the Family Band. I was introduced to them in October when Cowboy took me to see my all-time favorite band, Switchfoot. Did I mention Jars of Clay and Third Day were also playing that night? (As well as Red, which we missed.) What a great night!

Anyway, I fell in love with Robert Randolph and the Family Band at this concert. There's no physical way to be still while listening to their music. Unfortunately, sitting next to me was Debbie Downer, who is a K-Love Insider (or whatever they're called). After Robert Randolph and his band finished all she had to say was, "Well, his sister needed some work." (Can you hear the Debbie Downer music from SNL playing and can you see her face? You know the one I'm talking about!) I chose to not let her steal my joy!

In fact I wish Debbie could just see my face everytime I ridiculously dance around the kitchen!!! She will never steal this joy! Actually I'm listening to them right now & can't sit still or wipe the smile off my face. This man works miracles with a steel guitar! Check them out!

Sorry if I've offended any of you K-Love people. K-Love's great and all, but it just puts me to sleep. I prefer a little edgier stuff (TobyMac, Family Force 5, Thousand Foot Krutch, Switchfoot, Kutless, Need to Breathe,...).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of them. I can totally see you dancing around - pretty funny site. haha!

Do you ever listen to Air 1 or The House (88.5)? They are both good and play more of that kind of stuff than K-Love. :)

Jenn said...

Yes, Air 1 and the House get played around here a lot! A few years ago when we lost our local station, KOKF 91FM, our family was sad. We made several trips to that station so that our kids could give dj's gifts, etc. We were hoping when they were old enough they could intern there. Miss B was actually the last non-staff person on air with 91FM. BOO HOO :(

deleise said...

Totally agree! We are a Skillet-TFK-Red kind of family over here.

Jenn said...

Thanks, Deleise, for reminding me of Skillet. How could I have forgotten them? I still LOVE their Ardent Worship CD, even though it's old.