Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What do you call a female elephant?


A mom came to me at the end of our homeschool co-op day today and said, "Hey! I've got to tell you what C-Man said today." I stopped dead in my tracks with my short little procession of preschoolers looking for their moms to hear what she had to say. During their Land Animals (Apologia Zoology 3) class the teacher asked if anyone knew what the name of a female elephant was. My son raised his hand instantly and told her it was Cinderelephant!

I think I tried to fake a shocked face, but I'm not a good actor. Nothing that kid says could really shock me. He did recently put on his blog that Uranus has a black hole called the chocolate chunker. (A mom couldn't be prouder).

The Judge who oversaw Little I's case and finalized his adoption for us does a great job of involving the whole family in the finalization. He not only swore in me and Cowboy, but also Miss B. Anyway, he spoke to C-Man about the fact that people would question whether or not he and Little I were actually brothers. He told C-Man he needed to think of crazy stories to tell people when they questioned the 2 of them. He also said that C-Man should treat Little I like any other siblings, atomic wedgies and all. If the Judge only knew who he was dealing with! This kid NEVER needs to be asked to come up with a funny story about anything. However, since he was given this order from a Judge, he obeyed.

The stories he's come up with have to do with chocolate dipping machines, time variations in a tanning bed, twins separated at birth, etc.

No comments: