Monday, January 19, 2009

Keeping Their Vows

Today my parents are celebrating their 41st anniversary. Cowboy's parents will celebrate their 41st anniversary next month. For me this means we have been given a great gift--the gift of our parents' examples of lasting marriages.

In a world full of people who don't keep their vows to God and each other, mine and Cowboy's parents are a testimony to God and His faithfulness to His people. Their marriages reflect God's love and forgiveness to His people.

A few weeks ago my mother-in-law told me of a friend of hers whose parents were going through a divorce. I very firmly told she and my father-in-law, "If either one of you ever choose to divorce the other, I'll shoot you dead." We all got a good laugh, but seriously! I can't imagine what that would do to my husband, me, my kids, or the other member of that marriage!

Today I'm just thankful for these awesome marriages!

No comments: