Monday, January 12, 2009

James 1:19


My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

YES!!! Just so you know, that was from memory. Which means my old brain still works! I memorized it by my Tuesday evening deadline. Our family has been a bit lax lately about scripture memory. So with the New Year came a resolve to memorize His Word together. Each Tuesday we get a new scripture.

OK, Little I's version of this is only, "Everyone should be quick to listen." I'm thinking I should have shortened it to, "LISTEN!" I love that kid so dearly that sometimes I forget he didn't come from my womb. (I know you're thinking, "Seriously, Jenn, you can look into those brown eyes set in a chocolate face, topped with black, curly hair and forget you didn't actually birth him?) Anyway, I realize when we work on things like memory work or comprehension questions that he has some gaps that my bio kids didn't have. I've really got to pray that God bridges these gaps. He's been so faithful to bridge so many other developmental gaps for Little I already that I am excited to see this gap bridged as well!

No comments: