Thursday, January 29, 2009

Introducing Sleepy Jennifer

I'm sorry to admit this, but I probably need to be medicated. Does anyone know a good psychiatrist? I'm afraid I suffer from multiple personality disorder. I have heard rumors for years now about someone who lives in my skin that acts completely unlike me. I'll list a few of the rumors I've heard.

Years ago I heard about a time when my sweet Cowboy had the runs. (sorry to be so blunt). He was miserable and apparently Sleepy Jennifer told him she would go to the store for some medicine for him once she got a little more sleep. He proceeded to drive himself to the store, stand in a checkout line with anti-diarrheal medicine in hand, and almost make a total mess of the place while waiting for the credit card machine to be fixed. She sounds just horrible!

Then there's the one that never goes away...
Apparently when Sleepy Jennifer takes over she's more than willing to divulge personal information for any inquirer. Many people have told me of these antics of hers. I can't believe she could tell on me! I also have to add that I'm so happy I've always been a fairly good girl.

I also have some foggy recollections of lying in bed next to Cowboy and feeling my elboy in his side. Everytime this happens I hear a baby crying. I'm not sure what that's all about. On a sidenote, our munchkins have always been so perfect. They rarely require me to get up with them during the night. Odd, don't you think?

Cowboy has told me that Sleepy Jennifer has awakened him multiple times during the night muttering jibberish to him. Weird, I'm not fluent in another language.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Sleepy Jennifer is the reason for our parenting rule:
"Nothing you say in the middle of the night to each other counts the next morning."

1 comment:

MisC. said...

sleepy Jennifer sounds a lot like mean sleepy Missy!!!