Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Gift of Time





We are always too busy for our children; we never give them the time or interest they deserve. We lavish gifts upon them; but the most precious gift, our personal association, which means so much to them, we give grudgingly.
- Mark Twain

My mom is a ROCK STAR when it comes to spending time with her grandkids! Oh, if I could be as good at spending quality time with my kids as she is with her grandkids. Yesterday we were iced in, so she and Dad had us over for lunch. My younger sister and her family also came, because they are just around the corner (you can see her house from my house) and could safely walk to Mom & Dad's. Anyway, we ate a wonderful lunch and then played for the afternoon.

This morning she came over to bring us what we inadvertently left in her fridge yesterday. Then she spent close to an hour working with C-Man on a blueprint of his dream home. (Cowboy made a deal with him last night that as soon as his school was finished he could draw blueprints--I've never seen that kid whip through his school work so fast!)

Did I mention she also has had a niece of mine for 3 days? When you ask Mom what her hobbies are, she quickly replies, "playing with my grandkids". Mondays are my kids' "Nana Days". They LIVE for Nana Day! Little I wants every day to be a Nana Day! Seriously, he asks every day to go to Nana's. (Can you blame him? She lives directly across the street and always has fruit snacks and Kool-Aid.) My older sisters' kids also have Nana Days on Mondays and my younger sisters' kids get Nana Days on Fridays. WOW! It makes me tired to think about it.

Take this post as a challenge. Spend TIME with the ones you love!!!

Have a great day. I'm off to spend time with my kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see an architect in the making.

Becca