Friday, January 23, 2009

Well THAT Didn't go Like I Expected

Well, we got back about an hour ago from taking Little Bit home. Can I just say what a great sense of humor God has?
The night we had last night took me back to about a year ago, when Little Bit had horrible nights. She screamed until 12:30 this morning, whether being held or not. She then woke up around 2:30 doing the same thing. This morning she was crabby! Needless to say, I couldn't get ready and out the door fast enough!
Cowboy was gone all evening and we did not get to pray over her like I wanted. I was too busy being mom and didn't get my Dad to come over and dedicate her. I STINK at follow-through.
If you didn't already know that about me, sorry to shatter any thoughts of grandeur you had of me. Here's the truth: I SERIOUSLY STINK AT FOLLOW-THROUGH! OK, I'm probably being a bit harsh on myself, but it's how I'm feeling.
The good news is that Little Bit's mom told me and the kids today to not be sad. She said, "You can seriously have her whenever you want her." That made me happy! Not only will we still get to see her, but her mom understands the need to get breaks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Welcome back to the Mother Of Three club, even if it is only temporary. I am so proud of the commitment you and your precious family make to children that have been failed by the adults in their lives. You truly exemplify storing up treasures in heaven. I am blessed to be your friend, Love, Becca

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:
I will be praying for streams of peace for you all. Sounds like a bittersweet day...

Kayla :)