Sunday, January 25, 2009

NoBo is on the Scene

Back in October I walked into the nursery at our homeschool co-op and was immediately taken back by a beautiful baby boy. I said to the ladies working in the nursery, "I don't know whose baby boy that is, but I want him." They went on to tell me that he was the new foster baby of one of our Keystone families. Oh, how beautiful he was. Everytime I saw his foster mom I would acknowledge the fact they loved this little guy, but would also remind her that we would take great care of him if it ever came to that. Never in a million years did I ever think that was a possibility.

Yesterday morning this precious little guy came to live with us. We have kept him the last couple weekends to give his foster family a break. When we got news that Little Bit would go home, we started checking into the possibility of getting him as an "official" foster placement.

For the sake of the blog, I'll call him NoBo. We believe that because God's love for us has no boundaries, we're able to love on little ones with no boundaries. NoBo has several similarities to our Little I when he first arrived at our home. He's malnourished, very delayed developmentally, and very low-maintenance because of the neglect he's experienced.

We, of course, are praying he's able to bond quickly with us. With that being said, he came to us with an ear infection. He feels just horrible. We think this is somewhat of a blessing. We're able to spend endless hours holding him and loving on him.

I completely understand that people think we're crazy to only take a 24 hour break between foster placements. My response to that is very simple. God doesn't always call us to do sane things and mine and Cowboy's goal is to be in God's will, giving glory to Him daily. We want to be living examples of that to our children.

So now I'm off to take care of a sick little one and get a dresser and closet rearranged and filled with little boy clothes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I am just in awe of you and your family. You guys are amazing!